Bulk editing listings.

Post here any issues you experience when trying to sell items on SellMyRetro.com

Bulk editing listings.

Postby rgafltd » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:31 pm

Is there a way of editing the listings we have on here in bulk? Mainly thinking of the shipping settings due to Royal Mail price increases.

Also, what about a facility to download our listings in .CSV or similar format to do editing that way. I've looked about but can't find any way to do this.

Perhaps a suggestion would be to move to a shipping policies setting instead of on a per listing basis, such as setting your prices for 100g, 250g, 500g etc and then when listing your item you list it under the shipping policy you want. That way when prices rise you only adjust the weight price band in your shipping policies instead of going through each listing adjusting.

Take a look at Ebid for suggestions on how to do this using their shipping codes system. Probably the best way of adjusting shipping prices on the fly on the marketplaces.

Sorry for the rant.

Jason
rgafltd

Re: Bulk editing listings.

Postby rwap_software » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:13 pm

It all takes time to program these things. We have more important issues (VAT and Brexit) at the moment.

In the meantime you can use:
www.sellmyretro.com/user/itemShipping

This gives a bulk editing form - we just need the time to implement the ability to alter these in bulk and/or add shipping profiles.
rwap_software

Re: Bulk editing listings.

Postby rgafltd » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:49 pm

Thanks Rich, just the sort of thing to start with. Not having a go by the way, really happy with the site. I know things are a bit hectic at the minute to say the least (i'm having to deal with the same things on my website). Seems we're all just winging it at the moment until things settle down.
rgafltd

Return to Issues with Selling