Overseas Sellers

Post here any issues you experience when trying to sell items on SellMyRetro.com

Overseas Sellers

Postby Big_G » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:18 am

Hi

I collect retro computers and consoles here in South Africa. I have duplicate games and machines in my collection which I normally trade with other collectors. But I would like to sell as well. As a South African I cannot sell on eBay.

I would like to know if I can list and sell items on this site? Especially as some of the items are machines that were common here but rare in UK and Europe ie Spectravideo 318 and 328 homecomputers. Local 8 bit clone machines ie teleplay, tedelex etc. Serious collectors may be interested in them.

THKS
Gary
Big_G

Re: Overseas Sellers

Postby rwap_software » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:14 am

There is no problem with anyone from overseas listing items for sale - Dan Antohl from South Africa already sells the Interface 1Bis on the site - http://www.sellmyretro.com/offer/detail ... trum-11500

The only thing to ensure is that you can accept PayPal ideally and note that we do not currently support listings in currencies other than GBP.

I guess the reason ebay does not allow sellers is because they would have to register for South African VAT in respect of their fees which is quite beaurocratic and needs a local representative. Luckily, this only applies once the value of those fees (and goods we ourselves sell to South Africa) exceeds 50,000 ZAR (about £2,250 GBP) which I guess would be some way off before we were required to register (weird that the limit does not seem to be per annum, but just an absolute cut off).
rwap_software

Return to Issues with Selling