German post strike

Post here any issues you experience when trying to buy items on SellMyRetro.com

German post strike

Postby PokeMon » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:08 pm

Some information for customers waiting for shipments, in Germany the employees of the German Post are on strike since june 8th and no end is in sight. I personally got no post (letters) for about 2 weeks now. Some people do get the post, some not depending on your local postman. Some postman work as official, some as employee but it doesn't help if the post is delayed or block on the way. All in all there are more than 30.000 people from German Post on strike.

The German Post talks about "delays" but in my experience delay can be not just days but even weeks depending on good or bad luck. Due to these circumstances I decided in the meantime not to sell any more items in the shop till this situation is more safe. I am on a short holiday from next week and will check the situation around 20th of july again when I am back. Items are still available but can not be shipped safely as I do most as letter service which is much cheaper than parcel service especially for orders to foreign countries other than germany.

So please be patient if you ordered something from my store - I assure that all ordered items are shipped (usually 1 or 2 days after receive of payment).

Thanks,

Karl (PokeMon / ginger-electronic)
PokeMon

Re: German post strike

Postby PokeMon » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:52 am

The strike did end on 7th of july and items are available for shipment again. ;)
PokeMon

Postby SinclairNerd » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:56 am

Hi PokeMon, what is the usual delivery times from Germany to UK? Reason I ask is I ordered some boards from you back on 11th Jan, but they haven't arrived yet? Many Thanks.
SinclairNerd

Postby rwap_software » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:17 am

Pokemon may have more of an idea - but generally post from anywhere inside the EU to the UK takes 2-4 weeks. Sometimes when I send items to Germany from the UK they can get there in 2 days, but generally they take 2 weeks
rwap_software

Postby SinclairNerd » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:06 am

Items have now arrived, so I'm guessing 'normal' delivery time from Germany can be anything up to about 3 weeks. Regards.
SinclairNerd

Return to Issues with Buying