Welcome to SellMyRetro.com! In this user guide you will find simple step-by-step instructions on how to buy, sell, and browse through all of the auctions on SellMyRetro.com.
First of all, you need to join the site.
- On the home page click on “Register Now” at the top left corner of the page.
- Choose a username and password and enter all of your contact information. (The red information fields are mandatory in order to register).
- Enter any other information about yourself that you would like to let us know, then click on “Register” at the bottom of the page.
- Once you have completed the registration process you will receive a “New User Information” e-mail to confirm your contact information and your password (keep this e-mail just in case you forget your password).
- Click on the link in the e-mail and you’re ready to start buying and selling!
Once you have registered you can log onto the site.
The home page tab at the top of the page shows you the featured offers that are up for auction, the last created auctions, and the next ending auctions. You can use the categories section on the left side of the home page to browse through all the different categories of items up for auction.
The process for selling an item is set out below:
- Click on the “Sell” tab at the top of the page.
- Enter the item title of the merchandise you would like to auction.
- Select the category that best describes your item.
- Enter an item description with as much information and detail as you can.
- Upload a default image (this will be the main picture for your item).
- Upload up to 10 more pictures of your item. (Maximum file size allowed is 500 KB)
- Upload documentation that you would like to have on your listing (eg. user manual, certifications...)
- If you would like to add a video of your item, you can enter the URL address in the YouTube video field.
- Select the type of auction you would like for your item, either a standard auction, buy now auction, reverse auction, or multiple offers auction. You can set a date in the future when your auction will begin (we do not charge for this unlike some other sites) - then your auction will be pending, and users can view it on the Forthcoming auctions screen.
A reverse auction is a type of "wanted ad" - you can put details of what you wish to purchase - a service or an item. People then bid to provide this at the lowest cost !
- Enter the starting price for your item you are listing. (This is the amount that the auction will start from).
- If you would like to set a reserve price for your item, select “yes” beside reserve price and enter the amount that you will accept at the end of the auction. When you view an item which you have listed on the site, you can see the reserve price so that you can see how bids are going and decide whether to reduce the reserve.
- If you would like to set a buy now price for your item select “yes” beside buy now and enter your buy now price. (This is the amount that a customer can purchase your item for without going through the auction process).
- You can select your bid increments by checking off “use your custom fixed increment” and enter the amount in the box. (This is the value that each bid will go up by, ex. If you set £100 increments then auction will go up by £100 each time someone bids on your item).
- You can choose Auction relisting if you would like to automatically relist your item. Enter the number of times you would like your auction to relist with a maximum of 4 times.
- Enter either the buyer or the seller will pay the shipping expenses, and what the shipping terms will be.
- Select your preferred payment methods (PayPal, Google Checkout, Visa, MasterCard, PPPay.com or bank transfer) . If you are offering payment by PayPal or Google Checkout, remember to log into your Profile area and enter your PayPal or Google Checkout payment details under Payment settings!
- And the last step is the visibility of your listing. You can choose to feature your item in the featured auction section of the home page, feature your item in the relative category page, or bold your item. (A fee will apply for any visibility options).
Once you are done you can either save your listing as a draft and not publish it, or you can submit your auction and it will be active and open for bidding.
If you want to buy an item, it is quite straight forward.
- From the home page you can browse through all the auctions through the Categories section on the left.
- Click on the category you would like to look through, and then click on the picture of the listing you would like to see.
- When you are looking at the listing you will see the description of the item and the main picture on the left.
- The category of the auction, auction type, the seller’s location, and how much time is left until the auction ends.
- You can see who the current highest bidder is and what the bid is currently at.
- The starting bid shows the amount that the auction started at, and the bid increments show the amount that the bids go up by.
- You can also view what the next bid is and how many bids have been placed on the item up for auction.
- If there is a reserve on the item, you will see under “reserve price” if the reserve has or has not been met yet.
- At the bottom of the listing you can look through the description of the item up for auction, the picture gallery, the questions and answer that have been asked about the item, and the location and shipment information.
- To place a bid on the item, simply click on the “Bid Now!” button
- The next bid will automatically show up in the maximum bid box, you can either bid that amount or enter your maximum bid (the highest amount you are willing to pay for the item)
- If you enter your maximum bid and another customer bids against you, the system will automatically bid for you following the bid increments set by the seller, up to your maximum bid.
- Once you have entered your bid just click on the “Confirm” button, you will receive an e-mail confirming your bid.
Last updated on : 08/06/2010